One lucky winner will win the ultimate Hawai`i Island adventure, including:
1) Doors Off Lava & Rainforest Adventure from Paradise Helicopters for Two
DEPARTS: HILO / DURATION: 1.5 HOURS (45 MINUTES OF AIR-TIME) / AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Take a ride in our Hughes 500 helicopter with no doors, and find out for yourself why the Travel Channel calls this the “hottest helicopter ride on Earth!” Kīlauea Volcano has been continuously erupting for 30 years, and even at 500 feet above the flowing lava and open vents, you will feel waves of hot air rolling off the subsurface flows, which can reach temperatures of 2,000 degrees!
Along the way, cool off as you soar over Hilo’s lush rain forests, Mauna Loa’s vistas and the plunging Wai‘ānuenue (Rainbow Falls), so named for the rainbows you can see in the mist when the early morning sunshine hits the water. There’s no better vantage point than a helicopter, and there’s no bigger thrill than leaving the doors behind so there is nothing between you and the sights!
2) Tasting Tour of Kona Coffee & Tea’s Private Estate 100% Kona Coffee Farm for Two
Enjoy a private tour of our Kona coffee farm located on the crown of the “Kona Coffee Belt”, 2,000 ft. above the sandy beaches of Kailua-Kona. Your guide will curate a tasting of our finest roasts for you and a guest. Our coffee is “single-estate”, which means it comes only from our farm where we can trace the origin of every bean.
3) A 100% Kona “Goodie Bag” from Kona Coffee & Tea Full of 100% Kona Coffee and More
The following is intended for viewing in the United States and D.C. only (including territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the U.S. or D.C., 18 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
KONA COFFEE & TEA 20TH ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY 2018
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE ENTRY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Kona Coffee and Tea Company 20th Anniversary Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older (or the age of majority in their state) at the time of entry. The Kona Coffee and Tea Company (Sponsor) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren and children) and household members (whether related) of each such employee are not eligible. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The ona Coffee and Tea Company and Paradise Helicopters. Administrato: The Kona Coffee and Tea Company and Paradise Helicopters.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Giveaway begins on 15 January 2018 at 12:00 a.m. United States Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) and ends on 15 February 2018 at 11:59 p.m. HST (the "Giveaway Period”). Please see world clock for time zone information. Entrant is responsible for determining the corresponding time in entrant’s location. Please see world clock www.timeanddate.com/worldclock for time zone conversion information. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
5. How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 a.m. Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) on 15 January 2018 until 11:59 p.m. HST on 15 February 2018 (the “Giveaway Period”), you may enter The Kona Coffee & Tea (“KCTC”) 20th Anniversary Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) in any of the following ways: (i) online, by visiting the KCTC website (http://www.konacoffeeandtea.com/) (the “KCTC Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form (limit one (1) online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person); (ii) by mail, by hand printing your name, complete address, phone number (including area code) and date of birth either on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches, and mailing the postcard or paper in an envelope with the proper postage affixed to: “KCTC 20th Anniversary Giveaway, PO Box 909, Kailua-Kona, HI 96745”. Entrants using US mail may enter once. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 5, 2018 and received by February 15, 2018. (limit one  online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person); (ii) by mail, by hand printing your name, complete address, phone number (including area code) and date of birth either on a postcard or on a separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches, and mailing the postcard or paper in an envelope with the proper postage affixed to: “KCTC 20th Anniversary Giveaway, PO Box 909, Kailua-Kona, HI 96745”.
6. Winner Determination: after the conclusion of Giveaway Period, a Winner will be randomly drawn by the Prize Administrator.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential winner will be notified via email on or around 16 February 2018. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to the next randomly drawn entrant, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Prize: 1) Two (2) vouchers for a Hilo-based departure on Paradise Helicopters “Doors Off Lava & Rainforest Adventure”. The duration of this Tour is roughly 45 minutes where you will experience Narration, Views of Beaches, Waterfalls, Volcano, and Rainforest.
2) A Tour for Two (2) to The Kona Coffee and Tea Company’s Private Estate, 100% Kona Coffee Farm.
3) A Coffee “Goodie Bag” from The Kona Coffee and Tea Company.
No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight once it has been booked. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Giveaway, and those set forth by Paradise Helicopters as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs including but not limited to, meals, car rental, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, flight fees, passport or visa fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner.
Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Seating and timing to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $648-$1200 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations, currency exchange rates, and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, non-negotiable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made except as outlined above or provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, Administrator, Prize Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use r misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
10. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Giveaway for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a purpose).
12. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Giveaway; (d) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway, the uploading, the processing or judging of Posts the announcement of the prizes or in any Giveaway-related materials; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of Hawaii (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii, USA.