Kona Coffee & Tea respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our website only in the ways disclosed in this statement. The statement applies solely to information collected at Kona Coffee & Tea website.
Information Collection and Usage
In order to use some features of this website, you must first create a Username and Password. During registration, you are required to give contact information (such as your email address). We use this information to contact you about the Products and/or Services on our site in which you expressed interest.
Kona Coffee & Tea is sole owner of the information collected on konacoffeeandtea.com. Kona Coffee & Tea collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our website.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fufill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Kona Coffee & Tea uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to analyze how users (in aggregate) use our website and to improve upon its features. This data is anonymous, but may include the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the pages visited, and the referring website (if any). This information helps us:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Analyze our services and products and perform market research.
Kona Coffee & Tea utilizes remarketing services including Facebook Inc., which collects information about your visit.
Email and Communication from This Site
On occasion, registered users will receive additional announcements from us about products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, we present the option to “opt-out” and not receive these types of communications on our customer account page, or you may contact us at (888) 873-2035, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kona Coffee & Tea, P.O. Box 909 Kailua-Kona, HI. 96745.
We do not tie your personally identifiable information, or your purchasing history, to information in the profile. We do not share personally identifiable information with any other parties, unless required by law, by a subpoena, or other legal processes.
We use an outside shipping company to send orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We at Kona Coffee & Tea understand your concerns about the security of online transactions. Therefore, our site is equipped with the most advanced Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology available to ensure the privacy of any information you submit through this site.
Prices of retail and subscription items are subject to change without notice or notification.
Contacting Customers by Phone and Email
Your phone number will only be used in rare cases when we need to contact you regarding your order. Please be assured that we will not place your phone number on any telemarketing lists, or share your phone number with any third party.
We use your email address to keep you informed about the status of your order. When your order is placed, we will send you an email to confirm your order, and we will send you a second email when your order is shipped. Please be assured that we will not share your email address with any third party.
Online Gift Certificate
Our electronic Gift Certificates are for online konacoffeeandtea.com orders only. They are sent directly to their recipients via e-mail, and therefore we must collect the recipient's email address for this purpose. Please be assured that we will not send any unsolicited e-mail to the recipient, or share the email address with any third party.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services are entitled to request and obtain information about what other companies we might have shared your personal information with for their own direct marketing uses. Kona Coffee & Tea does not have co-marketing agreements of this sort with any other companies.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the following rights in addition to those set forth above, subject to your submission of an appropriately verified request:
- Right to Know - For the 12 month period preceding your request, you may ask for: the specific pieces and categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared
- Right to Delete - You have the right to delete certain personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law
- Direct Marketing - You may request a list of personal information we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- Opt-Out of Sale - You may direct us to stop selling personal information to third parties for commercial purposes. As noted above, we do not sell any of your personal information
- Right to Non-Discrimination - You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of rights given by the CCPA
European Privacy Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we would like to make it clear that residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) have the following rights in addition to those set forth above, subject to your submission of an appropriately verified request:
- Right to Opt-out - You may request us to stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive
- Right to Access - You may request us to provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information
- Right to Correct - You may request us to correct or update inaccuracies in your personal information
- Right to Delete - You may request us to delete your personal information.
- Right to Transfer - You may request us to transfer a copy of your personal information to you
- Right to Restrict - You may request us to restrict the processing of your personal information
- Right to Object - You may object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights
Please know that in order to provide access to our website and services to you, we will need to send and store your personal information outside of the EEA (in the United States). By using our site to share personal information with us, you are agreeing and consenting to the transfer to and processing of this information on servers located outside of the country where you reside.